Economic and Social Councils Network for Latin America and the Caribbean (CESALC)
The Economic and Social Councils Network for Latin America and the Caribbean (Cesalc) has emerged from the understanding of the importance of strengthening democracy and social participation in countries of the region. This network is made up of more than 20 councils and aims to:
- Promote integration and increase cooperation among Latin American and Caribbean countries;
- Encourage and support the creation of economic and social councils and similar institutions in the region;
- Discuss national and international issues and their impacts in Latin America and the Caribbean;
- Promote integration among participating representatives of the civil society;
- Prioritize debates on democracy and defense of the democratic processes.